Day three of the Kikuchi Meetings have come to an end.
- Kikuchi met with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston Red Sox, Texas Rangers, and San Francisco Giants today.
- Kikuchi will meet with the Seattle Mariners, New York Mets, New York Yankees, and Cleveland Indians tomorrow.
NOTE: I'll be updating this thread with whatever updates come out from today's meetings.
=== Updated 10/19/2009 @ 10:09pm JST
The Texas Rangers brought along Derek Holland to help recruit Kikuchi. They also brought along a panel that featured an image of 18-year-old Ryo Ishikawa. The San Francisco Giants brought along their single A Japanese trainer.
And Logan White said that he won't tell Kikuchi not to go to any NPB clubs (I guess he's trying to make a point about Japanese clubs making a point to tell Kikuchi not to go to the Majors and stay in Japan).
=== Updated 10/19/2009 @ 10:36pm JST
Red Sox scout Jon Deeble: "We had a good talk, but I don't really want to make any comments about it."
...It appears as though Hanamaki Higashi manager Sasaki is starting to grow a little concerned about Kikuchi's possible foray into the Majors.
"When considering the Majors, there are a number of points outside of baseball that concern me," said Sasaki.
Another person close to Kikuchi is quoted as saying, "He's concerned if people will root for him if he goes straight to the Majors."
=== Updated 10/20/2009 @ 8:37am JST
- The Giants attended the meetings with John Cox, Shun Kakuzu (Japan Office Head), and Yukiya Oba (single A trainer).
- Jon Deeble: "Saying everything you want to say in such a short amount of time is really difficult. We just basically exchanged introductions and spoke about a few general issues. I think we made a good impression."
- The Dodgers attended the meetings with Logan White and Keiichi Kojima (chief scout in Japan).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers apparently want Kikuchi to become the next "Jackie Robinson," ala to become the first highly rated high school prospect to pick the Majors over the NPB. White also made a joke about Dodger Stadium having a lot of bathrooms (Kikuchi continued to clean toilets despite being the team ace).
- Jim Colborn, AJ Preller, and Derek Holland attended the meeting for the Rangers.
- The Texas Rangers were satisfied with their option to bring Holland along, as it seemed Kikuchi had fun talking to him.
- The Rangers also brought along a message from Nolan Ryan and made a presentation that centered around 18-year-old Japanese pro golfer Ryo Ishikawa and his play in the US.