Just a few quick numbers I thought people might find interesting (even though it might be a little early). There's more focus here on the Pacific League because they've played a few more games than the Central League.
- Todd Linden has struck out 12 times in 23 trips to the plate. That's tops in both leagues. Takahiro Okada (ORI) and Saburo (LOT) are tied for second in the NPB with 10 a piece (Okada in 22 plate appearances and Saburo in 31 plate appearances).
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka (LOT) is on fire. He's 17-for-31 to start the year and has 9 runs and 8 RBIs batting from the lead-off spot.
- After being benched on opening day, Alex Cabrera (ORI) went on a three game tear: 7-for-9 with 3 homers, and 6 RBIs. Since then, he's 2-for-10 with 4 walks and an HBP.
- Randy Messenger (HAN) has pitched in each of the Tigers' first four games of the season.
- Yu Darvish (HAM) has 24 strikeouts over 15 innings so far.
- Kazuki Fukuchi (YAK) has stolen three bases in four games.
- Rookie Takashi Ogino (LOT) has been productive so far this year: 12-for-28, 16 TB, 2 BB, 1 HBP, 2 SH, 1 SF, 4 SB.