Welcome to Yakyubaka.com

69 high school players get sick after eating lunches prepared by same store

by on Sep.23, 2010 @ 4:10 am, under High School

The Niigata Health Care Center announced yesterday that 69 high school baseball players from Nihon Bunri and Niigata Kogyo got sick with symptoms food poisoning after eating boxed lunches prepared by a company called Tezukuri Lunch Mirai (手造りランチ味来).

Examination of stool samples from the high school baseball players revealed that the toxin Clostridium perfringens was present.  The company that prepared the boxed lunches was immediately ordered to shut down for 2 days, beginning on the 23rd.

According to the Niigata Health Care Center, players, coaches, and other personnel from the two schools (a total 78 people) ate the boxed lunches on the 20th between 10am and 2pm.  That night, a majority started suffering from symptoms of food poisoning.