Hiroyuki Kobayashi told reporters earlier today that he still had no leads and was prepared to wait until the new year for a deal. Among the that were apparently mentioned:
- While he would prefer a multi-year deal, he also wouldn't mind a 1-year deal either.
- He doesn't really have a preference when it comes to teams.
- He doesn't have a preference for how he wants to be used and wouldn't mind pitching out of the bullpen.
- His family will be staying back in Japan.
- It does seem as though he does have an minimum when it comes to salary.