Welcome to Yakyubaka.com

Yakult Swallows Spring Camp News and Notes: February 18, 2011

by on Feb.18, 2011 @ 4:01 pm, under NPB

This post will be updated throughout the day.


Yetersday's practice game against the Samsung Lions:

Yoshinori Sato apparently topped out at 154km/h.  And of the 17 fastballs he threw, 6 were 150+km/h.  He also threw his two-seamer 11 times (all went for balls).  Yoshinori threw a total 48 pitches in his outing.

Masato Nakazawa entered the game in the 3rd inning and did not allow a run over 3 innings of work.  He did, however, allow 2 hits and 3 BBs+HBPs; he also struck out 1.

===== 2/18 @ 8:34pm

Junji Ogawa told reporters he was thinking about batting his trio of Waseda alums, Norichika Aoki, Hiroyasu Tanaka, and Shinichi Takeuchi, at the top of the line-up for Sunday's game against the Nippon Ham Fighters.


Balentien swung the bat 70 times during lunchtime BP today.  And Josh Whitesell took 67 swings and hit 16 over the fence.

===== 2/18 @ 4:01pm

Wladimir Balentien hit 14 balls over the fence (including 2 that went out of the stadium completely) during lunchtime BP today.  He later told reporters that he felt he was 95% ready and that the remaining 5% was getting used to Japanese pitchers.