Welcome to Yakyubaka.com

PL News and Notes: Yuki Saito (HAM) gives up 3 runs on 8 hits during 5 inning rehab start

by on Jun.13, 2011 @ 8:10 am, under NPB

Seibu Lions

Tatsuya Oishi (right shoulder) threw 65 pitches during indoor BP yesterday (Sponichi is reporting 67) and faced batters like Ryo Sakata, Mitsugu Ishikawa, and Masaru Misawa.  It was Oishi's first BP in about 2 weeks.  Said Oishi," I have no discomfort in my shoulder. I was throwing at about 60%."

Oishi is currently scheduled to pitch in a Ni-gun game against Lotte on the 15th.

Nippon Ham Fighters

Yuki Saito started a Ni-gun game against Lotte yesterday and gave up 3 runs on 8 hits over 5 innings of work (shutout through three and then one run in the 4th and 2 runs in the 5th).  He also topped out at 141km/h; threw 84 pitches; walked 2; struck out none; and gave up a solo homer to Saburo (LOT) in the 4th and back-to-back doubles in the 5th.  Saito's next outing will likely come sometime during a 3-game series against Ni-gun Yomiuri (at Kamagaya between 6/21 and 6/23).  He's also expected to throw 100-110 pitches during his next start.  If all is well after that, he could be back on the active roster as early as the 29th (vs Lotte).

Said Saito, "I'm not concerned about getting. I was able to throw the ball just as I did when I was at Ichi-gun. I think I'm at about 90% right now. The remaining 10% will come when I'm [back on the active roster]. I'm ready for the call."

===

Sho Nakata recorded his first home run batting out of the clean-up spot yesterday.  As a clean-up hitter this year: 11-for-46, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 11 SO, 5 BB, 2 HBP, .239/.333/.413.

Rakuten Eagles

Senichi Hoshino apparently told Koji Aoyama, during yesterday's game against the Chunichi Dragons, that he was going to be demoted.  Aoyama took the loss yesterday and gave up 4 runs (all earned) on 1 hit and 3 walks over 0.2 innings of work.