Eri Yoshida headed out to Los Angeles on the 15th to attend an MLB tryout. Yoshida recounts her experience on her blog. I've highlighted a portion of her day:
- Yoshida woke up at 4:30am in order to get to the Urban Youth Academy at 7:30am. Tryouts were scheduled to start at 9am.
- Pitchers and catchers worked out in one stadium while infielders and outfielders worked out at another.
- First round, four pitchers at time, pitching in the bullpen.
- Yoshida was number 140 and had to wait about 2 hours before it was her turn (she guesses there were about 160 pitchers in all).
- Yoshida threw around 10 pitches and was then told that she didn't make the cut.
- Yoshida didn't make the cut, but says it was a great experience because now she knows what to expect the next time around.