Updates from December 3, 2011:
- Via Sponichi: Yokohama Stadium president Hiroshi Tsuruoka told reporters on Friday that he knew the DeNA would be busy and did not expect to hear from them right away. He is guessing a contract will reached some time in or after January. Tsuruoka also said he planned to begin discussions based on the current contract, which is 25% of tickets sales and 100% of advertising and merchandise sales at the stadium.
- Nikkan Sports figures the Bay Stars offered Kimiyasu Kudo a three-year deal. Shigeru Takada was also offered the GM job on Thursday (12/1); an announcement on his decision could be made early next week.
- It seems there is a chance Kudo could become a manager/pitcher.
- The team name was officially changed to Yokohama DeNA Bay Stars during a stockholders meeting and board of directors meeting on Friday.
- Team representative director Jun Ikeda (35) was born in Hokkaido but went to school in Yokohama and grew up a fan of the Bay Stars.
- Yokohama's Junior NPB team will also undergo a name change to Yokohama DeNA Bay Stars Junior.
Tags: Yokohama Bay Stars