Mizuno held their Brand Ambassador Meetings at a hotel in Osaka earlier today (where their clients have a chance to confirm/change the products they will be using next year).
A list of 2012 Brand Ambassadors (originally named Mizuno Advisory Pro Staff) can be found at the official Mizuno website.
Brand Ambassadors provide Mizuno with four things:
- They will use Mizuno products
- They will provide advice in new Mizuno products
- Their images can be used in advertising Mizuno products domestically
- Mizuno will be able to sell individual player "pro model" products domestically
Mizuno also revealed a 2012 youth baseball product line that six pro yakyu players helped design.
- Bats (three types, two variations each): Takeshi Yamasaki (CHU), Takahiro Arai (HAN), Seiichi Uchikawa (SOF)
- Glove: Akihiro Higashide (HIR)
- Cleats: Tetsuya Matsumoto (YOM)
- Training wear: Yoshinori Sato (YAK)