Updates on the Yokohama Bay Stars from 12/11/2011:
- Kiyoshi Nakahata plans on joining Alex Ramirez when he does his HR jig, but only on walk-offs. "I do not think I can do that 30 times a year. Let us limit it to walk-off homers. Out in front of the camera with him. I hope he hits at least three to four of them," said Nakahata. Regarding what kind of jig, Sanspo mentions the Marumo Dance.
- Coaching possibilities:
- Sanspo: Yutaka Takagi will likely become head coach and could also join Hitoshi Nakane as Ichi-gun batting coaches. Hiroki Nomura could join the staff and work with Atsushi Kizuka as Ichi-gun pitching coaches.
- Sports Hochi: Ni-gun manager Kazuyuki Shirai will likely be promoted to INF/base-running coach. Itaru Ninomiya could join the staff as OF/base-running coach and Nomura as pitching coach.
- Sponichi: Ninomiya could join the staff as OF/base-running coach. Ni-gun pitching coaches Takeo Kawamura or Katsunori Okamoto could be promoted to Ichi-gun pitching coaches. Shirai will likely be promoted to INF/base-running coach.
- Nakahata wants to get close with his players, real close. Like taking saunas together close. He thinks it will help him build a bond with players.
Tags: Yokohama Bay Stars