Welcome to Yakyubaka.com

General NPB News and Notes: December 11, 2011

by on Dec.12, 2011 @ 12:30 am, under NPB, WBC

Kids Design Collaboration Festa in Ebisu took place on SundayHirokazu Ibata and Takahiro Suzuki were amongst the players that made appearances at the event.

===

The Pro Yakyu Nippachikai hosted Pro Yakyu Nippachikai Charity Aid in Seishin 2011 on Sunday.  The day's events included a youth baseball clinic at Ryutsu Kagaku University baseball field, a talk session/dinner, and a charity auction.

===

Takahiro Arai, chairman of the JPBPA's labor union, made the following comment about the WBC to reporters on Saturday: "Unless things change, our stance will remain unchanged."  Sanspo also has an update that indicates that the JPBPA is waiting for a response and is prepared to call a meeting when/if necessary.

===

Former Nissan Industrial league players Eishin Soyogi (HIR), Takahiro Aoki (HIR), Naoki Mitsuhashi, and Hidetaka Kawagoe, held a baseball clinic for about 60 youth baseball players in Atsugi, Kanagawa on Saturday.  This marked the second time former Nissan players held a baseball clinic (a first with pro players).

===

Ryuzo Setoyama taught a special course on baseball teams and their relationships with stadiums at Chiba Shoka University on Saturday.  During his lecture, he mentioned that back in 2005, the year before he managed to attain stadium operating rights, everything other than 25% of ticket sales (remaining 75% of ticket sales, 100% of merchandising, and 100% of advertising) went to Chiba Marine (now QVC Marine) and sympathized with the current situation the Yokohama Bay Stars  are in.

===

Six players, including Tadahito Iguchi (LOT) and Takashi Toritani (HAN) visited Okinawa Nanbu Medical Center, Children's Medical Center on Saturday and spent some time in the children's wing.