The NPB released the results of the player survey on second careers. Some of the numbers:
- 223 players from all 12 NPB teams participated in the survey. Average age: 23.7. Average number of playing years: 3.4.
- 70% of players are worried about their lives after retirement (down from 74% last year). Most were worried about what they were going to do next (43.4%) and salary (43%).
- The top five jobs that players wanted to try after retirement:
- high school coach - 28.4% (up from 26%)
- restaurant owner - 13%
- university, industrial league coach - 11.7% (up from 10%)
- advanced scout / scout - 11.1%
- pro yakyu coach - 8.6%
- 64.3% of players said they had savings, 10.3% said they had none, and 25.4% said they were not sure.
- Of those that had savings:
- 31.6% up to 5M yen
- 23.7% between 10M and 20M yen
- 19.7% between 30M and 50M yen
- 6.6% more than 50M yen
Tags: Second Career