NPB Meetings from Tuesday, January 24, 2012.
Board of directors meeting (Sports Hochi):
- decided to donate 6M yen to the Women's Baseball Association Japan as money to be used to help strengthen the team.
- accepted DeNA's pledge as new owners of the Yokohama Bay Stars.
Executive committee meeting (Sports Hochi):
- decided to extend the three and a half hour rule to the 2012 season in order to continue conserving energy.
- finalized the roster for the March 10 charity game (results will be announced on January 26).
Pacific League meeting (Sports Hochi):
- removed suspended games from the league agreement
- confirmed an informal owner's meeting on January 27
The Japan Student Baseball Association held a meeting on Wednesday and named Masayuki Naito (Secretary General, JSBA & JUBF), Akira Nambara (JUBF Vice President & JSBA Director), Masao Yamaguchi (Secretary General, JHBF), and Hirotaka Nishioka (JHBF council member) to the group that will be handling discussions on requirements for becoming a student baseball coach.
The first meeting of the group could take place some time in February.