[This post will be updated as needed]
- Nippon Ham vs Rakuten @ Kurashiki - players from each team and two umpires spent about fifteen minutes collecting donations before the game. From Rakuten: Kazuo Matsui, Teppei, Akihisa Makida, and Kensuke Uchimura. From Nippon Ham: Atsunori Inaba, Shinya Tsuruoka, and Kensuke Tanaka. Donations will be sent to organizations in Miyagi, Iwate, and Fukushima representing children that were orphaned by the Tohoku Earthquake. [Nikkan Sports, Daily Sports]
- Chunichi vs Orix @ Kyocera Dome - Orix players Fumihiro Suzuki, Chihiro Kaneko, Mamoru Kishida, Yoshihisa Hirano, Satoshi Komatsu, and Yuki Nishi and Chunichi players like Naomichi Donoue, Takehiro Donoue, and 1st round draft pick Shuhei Takahashi spent about thirty minutes calling on fans to donate money toward relief efforts in northern Japan. [Daily Sports]
- Seibu vs Yokohama @ Yokohama Stadium - managers from both teams and about fifty players collected donations before the game. Players gave fans that donated money high-fives. After spending about twenty minutes collecting donations, Kiyoshi Nakahata took off his cap, bowed, and thanked fans for their contributions. [Nikkan Sports, Daily Sports] Nakahata also took the mic and made a speech in front of home plate before the start of the game.
- Lotte vs Softbank @ Yahoo Dome - Softbank players Yuichi Honda, Seiichi Uchikawa, Nobuhiro Matsuda, Hiroki Kokubo, and Nagisa Arakaki, as well as Tadahito Iguchi, Toshiaki Imae, Kazuya Fukuura, Shoitsu Omatsu, and 1st round draft pick Takahiro Fujioka, collected donations from fans before the game. [Nikkan Sports, Daily Sports]
- Yomiuri vs Hanshin @ Koshien - Yoshiyuki Kamei, Yoshitomo Tani, and Taishi Ota, together with Takahiro Arai, Kentaro Sekimoto, and Minoru Iwata, collected donations before the game. [Nikkan Sports, Daily Sports]
- The Swallows announced that the player's group will donate 3,262,948 yen to relief efforts in northern Japan the Japanese Red Cross Society. The amount includes the 2,372,948 yen they raised through a charity auction they held in February and 890,000 yen they raised during Fan Appreciation day last year. [Sanspo, Nikkan Sports]
- And Ishinomaki Kogyo High School baseball players stood outside of Koshien Stadium to took a moment of silence at 14:46.
UPDATE @ 11:18pm
- Players helped collect 36,543 yen in donations before a Kyoiku League game between Chunichi and Hanshin at Naruohama. [Nikkan Sports]
- A moment of silence was held during a Chuo Univesity vs Asia University game at Okinawa Cellular Stadium Naha today. Portions of the revenue from the game will be donated the three university baseball federations in Tohoku.
Tags: After the Big Quake