News and notes from Thursday's Opening Series (March 29):
- 38-year-old singer GACKT sung the national anthem.
- Kazuhiro Sasakithrew out the ceremonial first pitch wearing a black suit -- his mother passed away on Wednesday.
- Hisashi Iwakuma (SEA) spent most of Wednesday and Thursday watching the games from the monitor located in the bullpen.
- Munenori Kawasaki (SEA) did not get a chance to play in Japan. Said Kawasaki, "I was emotionally in the game. I am out there with the same kind of mindset as the players on the field. The manager decides which players to go with. It is frustrating to lose."
- Yoenis Cespedes and Bartolo Colon were selected for the hero interview.
- Sponichi reports that Brendan Ryan (SEA) proposed to his girlfriend in Roppongi on Tuesday.
And a few shots from the game:
Tags: Opening Series Japan