The Yokohama Bay Stars beat the Yomiuri Giants and Daisuke Miura got the win, the 150th of his career. He is the forty-seventh player in NPB history to reach the milestone.
Also of note:
- it was his first outing against the Giants since May 8, 2010
- it was his first victory against the Giants since August 23, 2005
- it stopped a ten-game losing streak against the Giants
- he is the fourth pitcher in NPB history to have a losing career record when reaching the milestone. The other three: Tetsuya Yoneda (1964), Katsuji Sakai (1973), and Osamu Higashio (1980).
- he is currently one of only four pitchers in NPB history to have a losing record and 150 victories. The other three: Takao Kajimoto (254-255), Ryohei Hasegawa (197-208), and Isaka (166-186).
- he is the third pitcher in franchise history, behind Noboru Akiyama and Masaji Hiramatsu, to reach the milestone
- at thirty-eight years and six months, he is the second oldest pitcher to reach the milestone. The record of thirty-nine years and seven months belongs to Yoshinori Sato.