Some more updates on Shohei Otani's meeting with the Texas Rangers on Tuesday:
- Jim Colborn (Senior Advisor, Pacific Rim Operations), Josh Boyd (Director, Professional Scouting), scout Hajime Watabe, and single-A outfielder Hirotoshi Onaka represented the Texas Rangers.
- Onaka told Otani about the difficulties he encountered during his first year -- language, culture, and lifestyle differences. Onaka told reporters that Otani seemed to pull back a bit when he heard about how rough things can be.
- The meeting started at 2pm and ended after 5:30pm.
- The Rangers stressed that they are an organization that has a good understanding of Japanese players.
- Colborn gave Otani baseballs autographed by Yu Darvish and Nolan Ryan.
- Otani did not speak to reporters.
- Six MLB teams are said to be interested. That includes the Rangers, Dodgers, and Red Sox.
- Interested NPB teams have reportedly finished their meetings with Otani in September.