Updates on Kosuke Fukdome:
- The Yokohama Bay Stars and Hanshin Tigers were informed that Fukudome decided to play in the Japan next year. The Chunichi Dragons have yet to receive that update.
- The Tigers feel they submitted their best offer to Fukudome. As such, they currently do not plan on extending negotiations with him because their "last offer was final."
- The Bay Stars are expected to meet with Fukudome again.
- The Tigers were told Fukudome is considering his domestic options and needs a little more time for a decision.
- The Tigers last met Fukudome on November 28 and may have offered him a three-year deal worth a total 600 million yen. There are some reports that say the third year is a club option.
- The Bay Stars last met Fukudome on November 29. They may have also met on December 8. Their last offer may have been a two-year deal worth 300 million yen plus incentives. They may be willing to go up to 400 million over two years, but may not want to go to three years.
- Rumor: Fukudome is apparently a heavy smoker and could be concerned about Yokohama's strict policy against smoking.