The Pacific League posted their final schedules for the 2013 season today.
Some notes on the schedule:
- Opening day will begin with three night games: Seibu - Nippon Ham at 6:00pm; Lotte - Orix at 6:15pm, and Softbank - Rakuten at 6:30pm. The last time all scheduled start times were different on opening day: 2001. The last time all opening day games took place at night: 1988.
- The Eagles will play two weekday day games: April 3 and 4 against Orix, both games scheduled to start at 2:00pm. The last time the Eagles played day games on the weekend: April 3 and 4 in 2012.
- Night games have been scheduled at Asahikawa Starffin Stadium (a first): June 2 and 3 between Nippon Ham and Yokohama; and August 13 and 14 between Nippon Ham and Orix. All games scheduled to start at 6:00pm.
- Eighteen games, involving four home teams (Seibu, Lotte, Rakuten, Orix) will have 5:00pm start times.
- Home away from home games: Nippon Ham 15 (+1), Rakuten 5 (-1), Seibu 3 (-2), Lotte 0 (0), Orix 15 (9), Softbank 5 (0) - a total 43 games (-2). Numbers in parentheses indicates change from 2012 season.
- The schedule for the Climax Series has not yet been determined.
You can see the new schedules (in Japanese, without start times or complete venue information) at the official NPB site. Here are the direct links to each month.
And for the those that need it, here is the legend for what each of the letters stand for:
- F = Nippon Ham Fighters
- L = Seibu Lions
- H = Softbank Hawks
- E = Rakuten Eagles
- M = Chiba Lotte Marines
- Bs = Orix Buffaloes
Pacific League posts preliminary 2013 schedule (additional notes can be found here)