========== Practice Games ==========
Hiroshima Carp 1 - Yakult Swallows 3
- The pitching staff issued eight walks.
- Two errors were committed in the 5th inning that helped the Swallows score two runs: a throwing E1 by Kyohei Nakamura and an E6 by Ryosuke Kikuchi.
- Takaya Toda started the game and did not allow any runs on two hits over three innings of work. He got into trouble when he loaded the bases with three walks in the 3rd, but managed to get Kazuhiro Hatakeyama to end the inning on a ground out to third.
- Shota Dobayashi started at third and batted sixth. He went 2-for-3 with an RBI: single to center in his first at bat, double to left in his second at bat, and a sac fly to center in the 9th.
- The offense scored three runs on seven hits.
- Orlando Roman started the game and tossed three shutout innings while allowing five hits. He struck out three.
- Kyohei Muranaka relieved Roman and allowed just one hit over three shutout innings of work. He struck out one.
- Yuhei started in right and batted sixth. He went 2-for-4.
- Tetsuto Yamada started at short and batted ninth. He went 2-for-2.
Source: official report (Yakult), Nikkan Sports 2/25/2013, Nikkan Sports 2/25/2013, Daily Sports 2/25/2013, Sports Hochi 2/25/2013, Nikkan Sports 2/25/2013, Sponichi 2/26/2013, Nikkan Sports 2/26/2013
LG (KBO) 11 - Yomiuri Giants 1
- The Giants committed seven errors. Shuichi Murata and Takayuki Terauchi committed two errors (1st and 4th innings). There were three errors in the 1st -- fielding E6 by Terauchi, fielding E5 by Shuichi Murata, and a second fielding E6 by Terauchi -- and two in the 4th.
- Yuki Koyama started the game and gave up six runs (none earned) on five hits over four innings of work. Four of the six runs scored in the 1st inning and were helped along with three errors. Koyama retired the side in order in the 2nd and 3rd innings. Two errors in the 4th led to more runs.
- Taishi Ota struck out in his first two trips to the plate and rang up his streak of consecutive strikeouts to seven. He ended the streak with a ground out to the pitcher in the 7th inning.
Doosan (KBO) 2 - Ni-gun Softbank Hawks 3
- Ryota Igarashi entered the game in the 5th and tossed a perfect inning in relief. He threw ten pitches and topped out at 147km/h.
- Yuki Yanagita hit a solo homer in the 6th inning.