The first steering committee meeting for the 95th Summer Koshien was held in Osaka today.
Among some of the decisions that were made:
- Quarterfinals games will be played on one day instead of two. The extra day will be used as an off-day. The change was made in order to even the schedule out for all teams remaining in the quarterfinals -- with games split over two days, teams that played on the second day of the quarterfinals and made it to the finals had to play three games in a row while teams that played on the first day of the quarterfinals and made it to the finals got a day off before playing two in a row. This will be the first time a day off is scheduled during the tournament. The two-day quarterfinal scheduling was introduced in 2003. Note: the off-day will be canceled if there are three or more rain-outs during the tournament.
- On days there are four games, the first game will begin at 8:00am. The Semifinals will begin at 11:00am and the Finals at 12:00pm.
- Since 1995, brackets through to the 3rd Round were decided in advance. Beginning this season, captains from winning teams will begin participating in bracket drawings after the 1st Round.
- Initial brackets will be decided at the Festival Hall in Osaka on August 5.
- Ticket prices will go up: special non-reserved center seats will go from 1,600 to 2,000 yen; special non-reserved seats on the first and third base sides will go from 1,200 yen to 1,500 yen; Alps seats will go from 500 yen to 600 yen.
Tags: 95th Summer Koshien