Masahiro Tanaka tossed his second shutout of the season on Tuesday and extended his scoreless innings streak to forty and his winning streak to sixteen (twelve this year and four from last year).
- The NPB record of 64.1 consecutive scoreless innings was set by Masaichi Kaneda in 1958.
- The PL record of 54.2 consecutive scoreless innings was set by Tadashi Sugiura in 1959.
- Tanaka's forty consecutive scoreless innings if good for fourth on the PL all-time list.
- Tanaka is the ninth player in NPB history to start a season with a twelve-game winning streak, first since Kazumi Saito's fifteen-game winning streak in 2005.
- The NPB record for longest winning streak to start a season is fifteen, set by Shigekuni Mashiba in 1981 and Saito in 2005.
- Tanaka is the ninth player* in NPB history to go on a sixteen-game winning streak, first since K. Saito's sixteen-game winning streak in 2003.
- The NPB record for longest winning streak over one or more seasons is twenty, set by Kiyoshi Matsuda (1951-1952) and Kazuhisa Inao (1957).
Consecutive Scoreless Innings (Pacific League)
* Sponichi says eighth.