Wladimir Balentien went yard twice against the Chunichi Dragons on Tuesday and now has fifty home runs on the year.
Did you know:
- He is the ninth player in NPB history (accomplished fourteen times) to reach fifty home runs in a season, first since Tuffy Rhodes and Alex Cabrera in 2003 in the PL and Hideki Matsui in 2002 in the CL.
- He joined Hiromitsu Kadota (twenty-one games in July 1981), Akira Eto (twenty-six games in August 1994), and Shinnosuke Abe (twenty-three games in April 2004) as the only players in NPB history to hit sixteen home runs in one month.
- He set a new speed record with fifty home runs in the team's 111th game of the season. The previous record of 117 was set by Cabrera in 2002.
- He has thirty-three games to tie the NPB record of fifty-five home runs in one season, currently held by Sadaharu Oh (1964), Rhodes (2001), and Cabrera (2002).
- Thirty of his fifty home runs have come at Jingu Stadium. Thirty-three of right-handed pitchers. Twelve have come against the Hiroshima Carp.
- He has twenty-six solo home runs, fifteen two-run home runs, eight three-run home runs, and one grand slam this season.
- He has hit thirty-four home runs toward right, eight toward center, and eight toward right.
- He has ten multi-home run games under his belt this season. The NPB record of eleven was set by Randy Bass and Hiromitsu Ochiai in 1985. Two other players have recorded ten multi-home run games in a season in the past: Sadaharu Oh in 1964 and Gene Martin in 1976.
Fifty Home Runs