The Yomiuri Giants' magic number is three. They can clinch first on the 21st if they go:
- 2-0-0 and the Hanshin Tigers go 0-2-0, 1-1-0, 0-1-1, or 0-0-2
- 1-0-1 and the Hanshin Tigers go 0-2-0, or 0-1-1
- 0-0-2 or 1-1-0 and the Hanshin Tigers go 0-2-0
Source: Sponichi 9/19/2013
UPDATE 9/20 @ 11:49am -
The magic number is now one. The Tigers play their game on Saturday before the Giants.
- drops their game against Yakult, the Giants will automatically clinch first place in the CL.
- ties their game against Yakult, the Giants will clinch first with a tie or victory.
- wins their game against Yakult, the Giants will clinch first with a victory.
Source: Sponichi 9/20/2013
UPDATE 9/20 @ 6:46pm -
The Giants announced today that they sold out all their tickets to Saturday's game against the Hiroshima Carp. Tickets for reserved and standing-only seats will not be sold at Tokyo Dome ticket counters the day of the game.
UPDATE 9/21 @ 1:35pm -
The Tigers' game will be on display at TV monitors in Tokyo Dome. If the Tigers lose their game, a message congratulating the team's first place finish will be displayed on the big screen.
The organization has prepared the stadium parking lot as a location for the team to celebrate. About 3,000 bottles of beer have been set aside.
If the Tigers win their game, Nippon TV is planning to broadcast the Yomiuri game until the end.
UPDATE 9/22 @ 12:15am -
The Giants could not clinch first on Saturday. However, a win or tie on Sunday is all they need. They can also clinch first if the Tigers either lose or tie their game against the Yakult Swallows earlier in the day.
UPDATE 9/22 @ 2:05am -
The Giants announced on Saturday that they sold out all their tickets to Sunday's game against Hiroshima.
Source: official announcement