Notes on the Samurai Japan roster that will be playing three games against Taiwan next month (November 8-10):
- Ryoma Matsuda (Hanshin) could make the roster, perhaps as the closer.
- The Yakult Swallows would like to give Yasuhiro Ogawa rest, but since there is a good chance he will be selected to the roster, they will make sure he is properly prepared.
- Seiichi Uchikawa (Softbank) is a candidate to make the team as a possible captain. Samurai Japan manager Hiroki Kokubo once told reporters he felt Uchikawa was best suited to replace him as captain of the Softbank Hawks.
- Sho Nakata (Nippon Ham) could make the team as a clean-up hitter.
- Ryota Imanari (Hanshin), Takumi Akiyama (Hanshin), Hideto Asamura (Seibu), Takayuki Kajitani (Yokohama), and Shohei Otani (Nippon Ham) are candidates for the roster.