The latest news on Samurai Japan:
- Samurai Japan Manager Hiroki Kokubo met with the NPB in Fukuoka on Monday.
- Samurai Japan will play a number of international games in November 2014 (most likely in Japan). Cuba and the United States were brought up as a possibilities.
- While players twenty-six and under were the main focus for the Samurai Japan roster that played three games against Taiwan last November, there will be no set age limit next November. The best players will be selected.
- Kokubo is expected to evaluate talent for the November games during spring camp next year.
- Kokubo would like to hire a team chef for future international games that take place overseas.
- Personal trainers might be allowed to tag along during future international games.