The latest on Masahiro Tanaka, from Wednesday, December 25, 2013:
- The Eagles are expected to post Tanaka, based on conversations conducted with various staff.
- An announcement could be made as early as today.
- Tanaka arrived at Kleenex Stadium at 10:50am this morning.
- The Eagles are expected to post Tanaka.
- It took this long for the Eagles to finalize their decision most likely because they had to convince sponsors and stockholders.
- Potential agents include: Arn Tellem, Scott Boras, and Casey Close.
Source: Sanspo 12/25/2013
- The Eagles have most likely decided to post Tanaka, according to people close to the discussions.
- It is possible the Eagles might try to strike some sort of partnership with the team that ultimately signs Tanaka in an effort to gain a little something extra from the posting.
Source: Sponichi 12/25/2013
- The Eagles have most likely decided to post Tanaka.
Source: Daily Sports 12/25/2013
- The Eagles have most likely decided to ask Tanaka to stay.
- Not everyone in the organization is against the posting.
- Tanaka is expected to make another appeal for the team to post him, since he has already started making preparations, like narrowing down potential agents.
- The Eagles could still change direction during their meeting with Tanaka.
Source: Sports Hochi 12/25/2013
[UPDATE @ 1:10pm]
The Eagles have decided to let Tanaka chase after his dreams of playing in the Majors.
"Masahiro Tanaka was obviously a big factor in helping us win a Nippon Series this year. But we also valued the seven years he put into this organization. Owner Hiroshi Mikitani was also on board and we decided that we will post him," Eagles' President Tachibana said during a press conference.
[UPDATE @ 10:44pm]
The Eagles filed paperwork on Tanaka today. The NPB accepted the paperwork. The paperwork includes the posting fee and a medical file on Tanaka. The Eagles most likely set the posting fee at the maximum allowed amount.
Source: Nikkan Sports 12/25/2013