Masahiro Tanaka updates from Thursday, January 9, 2014:
- Daily Sports reports that former Rakuten Eagles Public Relations Manager Yoshiki Sato left for the United States. People close to the situation to reporters that Sato will be in the United States for four to five days and there there is a chance Tanaka will meet him there.
- A number of reports this morning reported that Tanaka also left for the United States.
- Tanaka could first meet with agent Casey Close for a debriefing of current offers on the table. The two sides will then most likely narrow down choices before beginning face-to-face meetings.
- Based on US media activity, the Japanese media believes Tanaka will likely meet with reps from the Chicago Cubs and White Sox. Other teams could follow.
- Sports Hochi feels a decision could be made as early as the 17th.