The 1st Samurai Japan Summit will take place in Okinawa on February 10. Various officials with connections to Samurai Japan, including Hiroki Kokubo (Samurai Japan top team manager), Hirotami Kojima (Samurai Japan amateur team manager), and Yoshinobu Suzuki (Baseball Federation of Japan vice president), will attend the summit to discuss the 2014 schedule and a number of other issues, like methods to improve the national teams at all levels.
The Japan Student Baseball Association (JSBA) held their portion of the High School/University Coaching License Program on Friday. A total 138 (Daily Sports) or 131 (Nikkan Sports) former professional players attended the course, including Don Nomura, Masato Yoshii, Soichi Fujita, Norihiro Komada, Katsumi Hirosawa, and Kazumi Takahashi.
Sessions that have taken place so far:
- NPB First Session - July 28 - Tokyo - 100
- NPB Second Session - August 11 - Tokyo - 46
- NPB Third Session - November 9 - Tokyo - 186
- NPB Fourth Session - November 10 - Osaka - 159
- JSBA First Session - December 12/13 - Tokyo - 125
- JSBA Second Session - December 21/22 - Osaka - 103
- 228 completed the NPB and JSBA Coaching License Programs in 2013, 208 applied for the First Round and passed their training
- JSBA Third Session - January 31/February 1 - Tokyo - 138
[UPDATE 2/2 @ 3:06am]
The JSBA's fourth session will take place on the 7th and 8th in Osaka. Former players that complete both the NPB and JSBA portions of the Coaching License Program will be able to apply for a license. The application review committee is scheduled to meet on March 4.