|Issei Morita||2/7||23||Five over the fence; faced Naoto Tsuru. Sponichi 2/9/2014|
|Shintaro Fujinami||Bullpen||2/7||64||Fourth session during camp; four pitches using slide step. Daily Sports 2/8/2014|
|Yuta Iwasada||Bullpen||2/7||84||Squatting catcher; 3rd round draft pick Naomasa Yokawa stood in the batter's box partway through. Sanspo 2/8/2014|
|Shoya Yamamoto||BP||2/7||55||All fastballs; faced Shunsuke (26 pitches, 20 swings, two could-be hit) and Masahiro Nakatani (29 pitches, 24 swings, one could-be hit); allowed six could-be hits. Daily Sports 2/8/2014, Sanspo 2/8/2014|
|Ryoma Matsuda||BP||2/7||60||Faced Ryosuke Ogata and Naoto Nishida. Sanspo 2/8/2014|
|Naoto Tsuru||BP||2/7||48||Faced Issei Morita and Hayata Ito. Sanspo 2/8/2014|
- Texas Rangers International Scout Hajime Watabe was at Ginoza camp on Friday. Source: Daily Sports 2/8/2014, Sanpso 2/8/2014
- The media learned that Mauro Gomez will be arriving in Japan on the 10th. Source: Daily Sports 2/8/2014
- Daiki Enokida threw 212 pitches in the bullpen on Friday and only started feeling happy with his mechanics after he threw over 170 pitches. Source: Sanspo 2/8/2014
- Takahiro Arai took about an hour of extra fielding practice at third base after general workouts on Friday. Source: Sanspo 2/8/2014
- 5th round draft pick Shoya Yamamoto could be used in short relief. Source: Daily Sports 2/8/2014
- 1st round draft pick Yuta Iwasada is scheduled to toss batting practice on the 10th. Source: Sanspo 2/8/2014
Development Coach Masayuki Kakefu spent about forty minutes throwing close to 200 batting practice pitches to Shinta Hifumi on Friday (nice and easy throws from about ten meters away).
Source: Sports Hochi 2/8/2014
Kakefu spoke to Hayata Ito and Issei Morita on Thursday and was able to provide them with some advice before their batting practice sessions on Friday.
Source: Sponichi 2/8/2014
Advance scouts from five Central League teams and the Orix Buffaloes were on hand to watch Seung Hwan Oh's bullpen session on Friday.
Oh's fastball was apparently rotating at about forty-seven times a second last year. The average KBO pitcher is rated at forty-one rotations per second. Former Tiger Kyuji Fujikawa was at forty-five rotations per second.
Source: Sponichi 2/8/2014
Tsuyoshi Nishioka ended workouts early on Saturday because of pain in his right elbow. Nishioka first started feeling some discomfort in his right elbow during the last day of the first block of camp. He is expected to get the elbow examined at a hospital in the Kansai region.
2nd round draft pick Shintaro Yokota returned to regular workouts on Saturday. Yokota missed the first few days of camp with a fever. He returned on the 4th and had been taking things slow.
Akihito Fujii returned to workouts on Saturday after missing some time with the flu. He caught Kazuhito Futagami and Kazuya Tsutsui.