|Yamato||2/9||Batting practice scrimmage; collected hits off Minoru Iwata and Daiki Enokida; went 2-for-2. Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014|
|Shintaro Yokota||2/9||Three over the fence against a machine, four over the fence against a batting practice pitcher; first session of outdoor batting practice since the start of camp. Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014|
|Minoru Iwata||BPs||2/9||Faced seven hitters; struck out Shinji Komiyama looking; allowed three hits. Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014|
|Seung Hwan Oh||Bullpen||2/9||55||Akihito Fujii caught the session partway through. Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014|
|Shintaro Fujinami||Bullpen||2/9||67||Yutaka Wada stepped into the batter's box for the last ten pitches or so. Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014|
|Yuta Iwasada||Bullpen||2/8||88||Threw 30 to a standing catcher and 58 to a squatting catcher; including slider, cutter, curve. Sanspo 2/9/2014|
|Kazuhito Futagami||Bullpen||2/8||121||Had Kosuke Fukudome stand in the batter's box during the session; seventh bullpen since the start of camp. Sanspo 2/9/2014|
- Mauro Gomez is scheduled to arrive on the 10th. ... Takashi Toritani returned to workouts on Sunday after battling the flu. Kazunari Tsuruoka is expected to rejoin the team on Monday. Source: Sanspo 2/9/2014
- Haruki Kurose was called up to Ginoza camp. Source: Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014
- 1st round draft pick Yuta Iwasada is scheduled to toss batting practice on Monday. Source: Sanspo 2/9/2014
- Takumi Akiyama is scheduled to start a practice game against Nippon Ham on the 11th. He will toss three innings. Source: Sanpso 2/9/2014
- Matt Murton would like to play in an intra-squad game on the 15th and a practice game against Yokohama on the 16th. He would like fifty to seventy trips to the plate before the start of the regular season Source: Sanspo 2/9/2014
- Naoto Nishida is planning to give third base a try, in addition to his primary position (short). Source: Sponichi 2/9/2014
Hirokazu Shiranita had to cancel a bullpen session on Saturday because he hurt his right middle finger. Source: Sanspo 2/9/2014
The Tigers were expecting a large number of media from Korea for Seung Hwan Oh's first bullpen session on Friday, but only one company showed up. Merchandising has not gone very well either. Part of the problem might have to do with the Sochi Olympics.
Source: ZakZak 2/9/2014
Oh caught the eye of an umpire during his bullpen session on Sunday. The umpire later informed coaches that the righty might be using a two-step motion. The Tigers feel Oh is not doing anything wrong since he was never called on his mechanics during the World Baseball Classic. Discussions will be ongoing.
Oh had trouble understanding instructions called out by the catcher during infield drills on Saturday. On a ball hit back to the pitcher, with a runner on second and no out, catcher Takashi Shimizu shouted out third, but he looked over to third once and then threw to first. On a squeeze play, with runners on first and third and one out, Shimizu shouted home, but he threw over to first. He was fine after the words and pronunciations were reviewed.
Oh will most likely toss batting practice on the 13th.
Source: Nikkan Sports 2/9/2014