|Mitsuo Yoshikawa||Bullpen||2/11||167||Including fastballs and curves. Daily Sports 2/11/2014|
|Yuki Saito||Bullpen||2/11||65||Fourth session since the start of camp. Nikkan Sports 2/11/2014|
|Shohei Otani||Bullpen||2/11||57||Tested slide step. Nikkan Sports 2/11/2014, Sponichi 2/11/2014|
- Sunday was the last day of the second block of camp.
- Tuesday's practice game against the Hanshin Tigers was canceled due to rain.
- Dai-Kang Yoh worked on his lower body over the winter and added five kilograms to his frame. He currently weighs eighty-seven kilograms. Source: Sponichi 2/10/2014
- Naoki Miyanishi joined Ichi-gun camp on the 11th. Source: Sanpso 2/10/2014
- Juan Miranda and Michel Abreu arrived in Japan on Monday and Okinawa on Tuesday morning. They joined Nago camp for workouts in the afternoon. Source: Nikkan Sports 2/10/2014, Daily Sports 2/10/2014
- The Fighters held a press conference for Miranda at the Nago camp facilities on Tuesday. Source: official announcement
- Yuki Saito is scheduled to pitch in a practice game against KIA on the 13th. Source: Nikkan Sports 2/10/2014
Hideki Kuriyama would like Shohei Otani to play in at least five games a week -- one game as a pitcher, one game off, then four days as a position player (primarily as a designated hitter). He could give his idea a try during the summer, after Inter-league play.
For example, when the team plays six games in a row from Tuesday to Sunday: play in games as a position player from Tuesday to Friday, rest on Saturday, start Sunday's game as a pitcher, day off on Monday.