=== Intra-squad Games ===
- Kazuyuki Hoashi started the game for the Reds and tossed two shutout innings. He allowed one hit.
- Paul Oseguera started the game for the Whites and did not allow a run over two innings.
- Dennis Sarfate entered the game in the 6th for the Whites and tossed a shutout inning. He surrendered two hits and topped out at 150km/h.
- 2nd round draft pick Yuito Mori entered the game in the 7th for the Whites and did not allow a run in an inning of work.
- Seiichi Uchikawa got the start in left and batted third for the Reds. He drove in two runs with a timely hit in the 3rd.
- Yuki Yoshimura started at third and went 3-for-3: triple, triple, single.
- Ryuma Kidokoro got the start in center for the Reds and batted eighth. He hit a home run in the 3rd inning, his second in as many games.
- Dae-Ho Lee got the start at first and batted clean-up for the Whites. He grounded out to third in his first and only trip to the plate.
- Yuki Yanagita started in center and batted fifth for the Whites. He hit a solo home run off Mu-Young Kim in the 7th.
Nippon Ham Fighters
|Unten, John Clayton||1||3||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- Hiroshi Urano topped out at 147km/h. He threw thirty-one pitches and twenty-five were strikes.
- Haruki Nishikawa started at second and batted second. He went 2-for-5.
- Shota Ono was the starting catcher for the Reds. He batted third and went 2-for-4.
- Sho Nakata got the start at third for the Reds and batted clean-up. He went 1-for-2.
- 1st round draft pick Ryo Watanabe entered the game as a pinch-hitter for Nakata in the 6th with a runner on first and no out and struck out swinging. He took over at short in the bottom of the inning. He went 0-for-3.
- Dai-Kang Yoh started in center for the Whites. He batted fourth and went 0-for-2.
- Makoto Kaneko got the start at short for the Whites and batted sixth. He went 0-for-2.
- 3rd round draft pick Hiromi Oka started in right and batted seventh. He went 1-for-3 with a run scored. He recorded a single to center in the 3rd and made it all the way to third when he noticed Kazuya Murata misplay the ball. He also reached on an E6 in the 5th and stole second.
- Yuya Fukui started the game for the Whites and tossed two shutout innings. He struck out two.
- Takeru Imamura entered the game in the 5th for the Reds. He retired the side in order in the 5th, but gave up six runs in the 6th. He topped out at 138km/h.
- Zach Phillips entered the game in the 7th for the Reds and gave up a run in an inning of work. He gave up a hit and committed two balks.
- Seiya Suzuki recorded three hits.
=== Practice Games ===
SK (KBO) @ Yomiuri Giants
- Hayato Sakamoto got the start at short and batted lead-off. He went 1-for-4.
- Yasuyuki Kataoka started at second and batted second. He went 0-for-3.
- Hisayoshi Chono started in center and batted third. He went 2-for-3.
- Shuichi Murata was the starting designated hitter and batted clean-up. He went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Leslie Anderson got the start in right and batted sixth. He went 1-for-3.
- 1st round draft pick Seiji Kobayashi was the starting catcher and batted ninth. He went 0-for-2.
Source: official report
Hanshin Tigers @ Yokohama Bay Stars
- HAN: Takumi Akiyama started the game and tossed three shutout innings. He gave up two hits and struck out two.
- HAN: Akira Iwamoto relieved Akiyama and did not allow a run over three innings of work. He allowed two hits, walked two, and hit one. Both walked came in the 4th inning and he managed to get out of a bases loaded, no out jam in the 6th.
- HAN: Hiroaki Saiuchi entered the game in the 7th and gave up five runs in two innings of work. He gave up five runs on three hits and five walks in the 7th. He retired the side in order in the 8th.
- HAN: Matt Murton was the starting designated hitter. He batted clean-up and went 1-for-2: G6, 1B9. He was replaced by a pinch-runner in the 4th.
- HAN: Takashi Shimizu was the starting catcher and batted eighth. He went 2-for-3: 2B8, 3B7/8 2RBI, G6.
- YOK: Shigeru Kaga started the game and threw two shutout innings and allowed one hit.
- YOK: Shoichi Ino tossed two shutout innings and gave up one hit. He topped out at 147km/h.
- YOK: Kazuki Mishima tossed two shutout innings in relief. He surrendered one hit. He topped out at 146km/h.
- YOK: Tony Blanco was the starting designated hitter and batted clean-up. He went 0-for-1: G5, BB.
- YOK: Aarom Baldiris got the start at third and batted sixth. He went 0-for-2: F3, DP.
- YOK: Tatsuhiko Kinjo and Masayoshi Kato worked out bases loaded walks in the bottom of the 7th.
- YOK: Shigeo Yanagida hit a two-run double to left-center in the 7th.
Source: official report (Yokohama), Daily Sports 2/16/2014, Daily Sports 2/16/2014, Daily Sports 2/16/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/16/2014, Sanpso 2/17/2014, Sanspo 2/17/2014, Daily Sports 2/17/2014, Sponichi 2/17/2014
KIA @ Yakult Swallows
- Kyohei Muranaka faced eleven hitters and threw forty-four pitches. He topped out at 140km/h.
- The offense collected seven hits.
- Tetsuto Yamada started at second and batted lead-off. He went 3-for-4 and stole two bases.
- 2nd round draft pick Naomichi Nishiura got the start at short and batted eighth. He went 1-for-3: single to left in the 5th inning. He also handled seven fielding chances without any problems.
Rakuten Eagles 8 @ Samsung 5
- Keiji Uezono started the game and allowed two runs on five hits over three innings of work.
- Yoshitaka Muto tossed a shutout inning in relief.
- Kenji Tomura allowed a run on three hits over three innings in relief.
- Andruw Jones was the starting designated hitter. He batted clean-up and went 2-for-2. He walked in his first trip to the plate; hit a two-out two-run home run in his second trip to the plate in the 3rd; and hit an RBI single to center in the 5th.
- Tetsuro Nishida got the start at short and batted seventh. He recorded three hits: double to left in the 4th; RBI single to left in the 5th; and a bunt single in the 9th. He also struck out with the bases loaded and one out in the 7th.
Ni-gun: Seibu Lions 0 @ Hanshin Tigers 2
- SEI: Isamu Sato tossed three shutout innings.
- SEI: 1st round draft pick Tomoya Mori caught Isamu Sato and recorded a single to center in the 9th.
- HAN: 6th round draft pick Suguru Iwazaki started the game and tossed three shutout innings. He did not allow any hits and struck out six. He faced eleven hitters and topped out at 139km/h.
- HAN: 2nd round draft pick Shintaro Yokota got the start in center and batted eighth. He collected two hits.
- HAN: Shinta Hifumi went 3-for-3.
Ni-gun: LG 11 @ Chunichi Dragons 6
- Shinji Iwata started the game and gave up four runs over two innings.
- Soma Yamauchi gave up a run on two hits over an innings of work. He threw twenty-two pitches and topped out at 135km/h.
- Six pitches surrended eleven runs on eighteen hits.
- The offense scored six runs on sixteen hits.
- Yohei Oshima got the start in center and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-4 with a double in his first at bat (tried to stretch it to a triple) and a single in his second at bat.
- Naomichi Donoue started at short and batted second. He went 3-for-5: solo home run in the 1st; infield single in his fourth trip to the plate in the 6th; RBI double to left in his fifth trip to the plate in the 9th.
- Yusuke Matsui got the start in left and batted third. He recorded three hits and hit a solo home run in the 5th.
- Nobumasa Fukuda and Ryoji Nakata also picked up three hits.