=== Practice Games ===
Chunichi Dragons @ Yomiuri Giants
- CHU: Yudai Kawai started the game and tossed two shutout innings. He allowed one hit (Hisayoshi Chono in the 1st inning).
- CHU: Shinji Tajima entered the game in the 8th and did not allow a run or a hit over two innings of work. He struck out two.
- CHU: The offense banged out eighteen hits, including two home runs (Alexis Gomez in the 4th off Ryota Katsuki and Nobumasa Fukuda in the 6th off Shoki Kasahara). The Dragons sent eleven hitters to the plate in the 3rd inning and scored seven runs on eight hits.
- CHU: Takahito Kudo got the start in center and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-6: F9, G1, 1B9 RBI, 2B7 RBI, Fo5, Ks.
- CHU: Masahiro Araki started at second and batted second. He took an HBP off his left elbow during his first at bat.
- CHU: Alexis Gomez got the start at first and batted fifth. He went 3-for-3: RBI single to right in the 1st, single to center in the 3rd, two-out solo home run off Ryota Katsuki in the 4th.
- CHU: Hector Luna was the designated hitter and batted clean-up. He went 2-for-2: 1B7, 1B6,
- YOM: The offense scored three runs on ten hits.
- YOM: Hisayoshi Chono started in center and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-3 with an RBI. He also struck out looking with runners on second and third and one out in the 5th.
- YOM: Yasuyuki Kataoka got the start at second and batted second. He ewnt 0-for-3: G4(DP), G4, G4.
- YOM: Hayato Sakamoto started at short and batted third. He went 1-for-5: G6, G5, 1B7, F7, G5.
- YOM: Leslie Anderson started in left and batted fifth. He went 1-for-3: G4, Kl, 1B8.
Source: official report (Yomiuri), official report (Chunichi), Sponichi 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014
Ni-gun: Doosan @ Yomiuri Giants
- Canceled due to poor field conditions caused by rain.
Source: Nikkan Sports 2/18/2014
Ni-gun: SK (KBO) 5 @ Yokohama Bay Stars 0
- Ikusei 2nd round draft pick Kohei Mantani started the game and gave up two runs over three innings.
- 5th round draft pick Taiki Sekine got the start in center and batted ninth. He went 0-for-3.
- Norihiro Nakamura was the starting designated hitter and batted fourth. He went 1-for-2: single to center.
KIA (KBO) @ Rakuten Eagles
- Takahiro Shiomi started the game and tossed three shutout innings while allowing three hits.
- Sergio Mitre gave up two runs on two hits over an inning of work.
- Loek Van Mil tossed a shutout inning in relief.
- Hiroshi Katayama tossed two shutout innings. He gave up one hit and struck out four.
- Takero Okajima got the start in center and batted lead-off. He went 1-for-4 with a walk. He drove in two runs with a bases loaded, one-out single to center in the 4th.
Samsung (KBO) @ Nippon Ham Fighters
- Luis Mendoza topped out at 145km/h.
- Atsunori Inaba was the designated hitter and batted third. He went 1-for-2: RBI double with a runner on second and one out in the 1st.
- Shohei Otani entered the game as a pinch-hitter for Inaba with the bases loaded and two out in the 4th and struck out looking. He grounded out to second and flied out to first in his other two trips to the plate.
- Sho Nakata got the start at third and batted clean-up. He went 3-for-3: RBI double in the 1st, double to left in the 3rd, solo home run in the 5th.
- Atsushi Kita went 1-for-2 with three RBI
- 3rd round draft pick Hiromi Oka started in right and batted ninth. He went 0-for-4.