=== Practice Game ===
Yokohama Bay Stars @ Hiroshima Carp
- HIR: 2nd round draft pick Allen Kuri started the game and gave up a run on two hits over three innings of work. He allowed a run to score in the 1st inning and retired the last eight hitters in a row (the last seven were ground ball outs). He threw fifty-three pitches and topped out at 143km/h.
- HIR: Ryuji Ichioka tossed a perfect inning in relief. He topped out at 149km/h.
- HIR: Takahiro Iwamoto hit a solo home run in the 7th.
- HIR: Shota Dobayashi hit a one-out, two-run double in the 9th.
- HIR: Tetsuya Kokubo tied the game at six with a two-out, RBI single in the 9th.
- YOK: Kisho Kagami started the game and tossed four shutout innings. He did not allow any hits, walked one, and struck out four. He topped out at 148km/h.
- YOK: Guillermo Moscoso relieved Kagami and tossed a shutout inning in relief. He topped out at 151km/h.
- YOK: Atori Ota entered the game in the 9th and gave up five runs on eight hits.
- YOK: Aarom Baldiris hit a one-out, two-run double in the 5th.
- YOK: Taketoshi Goto recorded a two-out, two-run single in the 5th.
Source: Yokohama report, Daily Sports 2/25/2014, Daily Sports 2/25/2014, Sponichi 2/25/2014, Sanpso 2/25/2014, Daily Sports 2/25/2014, Sports Hochi 2/25/2014, Daily Sports 2/25/2014, Nikkan Sports 2/25/2014, Daily Sports 2/26/2014
Chiba Lotte Marines @ Yakult Swallows
- LOT: Yuta Omine started the game and allowed seven runs on nine hits over four innings of work.
- LOT: Toshiaki Imae hit a solo home run off Katsuki Akagawa in the 4th.
- LOT: 5th round draft pick Seiya Inoue went 2-for-4: double to right-center in his first trip to the plate and a single to left in his third trip to the plate.
- YAK: Shohei Tateyama started the game but was pulled early with discomfort in his right elbow. He threw just twelve pitches (he was scheduled for thirty).
- YAK: The offense scored eleven runs on twelve hits.
- YAK: Tetsuto Yamada started at second and batted lead-off. He went 3-for-5 with a home run and three RBI.
- YAK: Shingo Kawabata got the start at third and batted second. He went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI.
- YAK: Ryoji Aikawa was the starting catcher and batted sixth. He went 2-for-2 with an RBI.
- YAK: Yuhei started in center and batted seventh. He went 2-for-4.
- YAK: Kazuhiro Hatakeyama hit a grand slam in the 8th.
Rakuten Eagles @ Seibu Lions
|Otsuka, Takahito W||1.0||3||15||0||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Katayama, Hiroshi H||1.0||4||14||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- SEI: Porfirio Lopez started the game and gave up five runs (all earned) on five hits and seven walks over five innings of work.
- SEI: 3rd round draft pick Takuya Toyoda entered the game in the 6th and tossed two shutout innings. He allowed one hit.
- SEI: Kazuki Miyata relieved Toyoda and gave up two runs (both earned) over two innings of work.
- SEI: Masato Kumashiro started in left and batted second. He recorded two hits (infield hit in the 1st and single to right in the 3rd) and a stolen base.
- SEI: Shogo Akiyama got the start in center and batted seventh. He left the game early with tightness in his right elbow. He flew out to left in the 2nd inning in his only trip to the plate.
- RAK: Ginji started at third and batted third. He went 2-for-4: F6, 1B8, 1B9, G4 (DP).
- RAK: Andruw Jones was the starting designated hitter. He went 0-for-0: BB, BB, BB.
- RAK: Kevin Youkilis got the start at first and batted fifth. He went 0-for-2: G6, SF7 (RBI), G6 (DP).
- RAK: Yusuke Kosai went 1-for-2: F8, HR8 one RBI.
- RAK: Akihisa Makida started in right and batted sixth. He went 2-for-4: 1B8, 3B8 two RBI, F7, Ks.
Yomiuri Giants @ Samsung (KBO)
- Taishi Ota got the start in center and batted lead-off. He went 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI. With the score tied at three in the 8th, he gave the Giants a one-run lead with a solo home run to right.
- Hayato Sakamoto started at short and batted second. He went 2-for-2 (double to left, single to center) with a sac fly and an RBI.
- Shuichi Murata was the starting designated hitter and batted clean-up. He went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
LG (KBO) @ Hanshin Tigers
- Randy Messenger hit 155km/h twice.
- 5th round draft pick Shoya Yamamoto entered the game in the 7th with the bases loaded and no out. He walked the first hitter, then settled down, struck out two in a row, and ended the inning on a foul out to short.
- Seung Hwan Oh topped out at 149km/h (stadium gun: 155km/h).
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka got the start at second and batted lead-off. He went 0-for-2: F4, F9.
- Takashi Toritani started at short and batted third. He went 1-for-2: G4, 1B9.
- Matt Murton started in left and batted clean-up. He went 0-for-2: F8, F8.
- Takahiro Arai got the start at first and batted fifth. He went 2-for-2: 1B8, 1B7.
- Kosuke Fukudome was the starting designated hitter and batted sixth. He went 1-for-2: F9, 2B9 one RBI.
Doosan (KBO) vs Softbank Hawks
- Hayato Terahara started the game and gave up a run over three innings of work.
- Jason Standridge relieved Terahara and gave up two runs on three hits over two innings of work.
- Brian Wolfe entered the game in the 6th and gave up a run over two innings. The run he allowed was on a solo home run. He also struck out four.
- Masahiko Morifuku and Ryota Igarashi retired the side in order in the 8th and 9th innings (respectively).
- The offense scored fourteen runs on nineteen hits.
- Yuki Yoshimura recorded two hits (one double) and one RBI.
- Kenji Akashi went 2-for-2 with three RBI.
KIA (KBO) vs Nippon Ham Fighters
- Luis Medoza started the game and gave up six runs on seven hits over four innings of work. He gave up three runs in the 3rd inning and three runs in the 4th. He balked in a run with the bases loaded and two out in the 3rd inning (he did not know about the rule changes on fake throws to third) and topped out at 144km/h.
- Naoyuki Uwasawa entered the game in the 6th and tossed four shutout innings in relief. He allowed three hits.
- 3rd round draft pick Hiromi Oka started in right and batted second. He went 0-for-3.
- Sho Nakata started at third and batted clean-up. He went 0-for-3 with an RBI.
- Shohei Otani hit a double to center in his second at bat of the game in the 9th.
Ni-gun: Kochi Fighting Dogs (Independent League) @ Hanshin Tigers
- Fumiya Araki went 2-for-2: 1B9 two RBI, BB, 1B6.
- Fumiya Hoji got the start at short and batted second. He went 1-for-5: G6, F8, F7, K, 1B8 one RBI.
- Shinta Hifumi started in left and batted clean-up. He went 0-for-4: K, F7, G4, F9.
- Keisuke Kano was in right and batted sixth. He went 2-for-2: 1B8, 1B7.
- 2nd round draft pick Shintaro Yokota got the start in center and batted eighth. He went 0-for-4: F7, F9, K, G4.
Ni-gun: JX-ENEOS (Industrial League) @ Chiba Lotte Marines
- Takuya Takahama hit a solo home run in the 2nd.
Source: Lotte report
Ni-gun: Nippon Seishi Ishinomaki (Industrial League) 6 @ Softbank Hawks 8
- Tomoaki Egawa batted fourth and hit a three-run home run in the 7th.
Ni-gun: SK (KBO) vs Chunichi Dragons
- Tatsuro Hamada started the game and gave up a run over three innings of work. The run was a solo home run in the 2nd.
- Shinji Iwata tossed two shutout innings and allowed two hits.
- 4th round draft pick Takuma Achira entered the game in the 8th and gave up six runs on two hits and four walks over an inning of work. Four of the runs came on a grand slam.