NPB Rookie Seminar notes collected from various sources.
- Ninety-one players attended the 2014 NPB Rookie Seminar in Tokyo on Monday.
- The seminar took place at the Grand Pince Hotel Shin Takanawa in Minato Ward, Tokyo.
- The seminar is primarily for players that were drafted the previous year. Second year players that were unable to attend their seminars are also eligible. Seibu's Makoto Aiuchi was one of those players this year.
- Among the topics covered at the seminar: anti-doping, income tax, drug prevention, organized crime.
- Former Nippon Hoso announcer Hiroshi Fukasawa gave a lecture on speaking and interviews.
- Fukasawa conducted mock interviews with Rakuten 1st round draft pick Yuki Matsui, Hiroshima 1st round draft pick Daichi Osera, Yomiuri 1st round draft pick Seiji Kobayashi, and Seibu 1st round draft pick Tomoya Mori and provided feedback on both good and bad habits.
- Former Softbank Hawk Kazumi Saito was this year's special speaker.
- The NPB is willing to reconsider the timing for the NPB Rookie Seminar if teams request a review.