- Yuki Matsui had another rough outing on Wednesday and will be sent down to Ni-gun on Thursday for additional instruction and work. Control has been an issue for Matsui. He walked twenty-three in 19.1 innings this year. Source: Nikkan Sports 4/23/2014
- Andruw Jones notched the first walk-off home run of his NPB career in the 12th inning of Tuesday's game against Seibu. The last Eagle to hit a walk-off home run was Kazuo Matsui on September 24, 2012 against Softbank in the 10th. Jones was the first player in franchise history to hit a walk-off in the 12th. Source: Sponichi 4/23/2014 ... Jones joined Jose Fernandez (2006, 2008) and Randy Ruiz (2011) as the only foreign players in franchise history to hit walk-off home runs. Source: Sanspo 4/23/2014 ... Jones celebrated his thirty-seventh birthday on Wednesday.
- Seibu Holdings returned to the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Wednesday. Source: Japan Times 4/23/2014
- The Hawks turned a triple play (8-2-4) against Nippon Ham on Tuesday, their first since May 5, 1999 vs Orix. It was the first triple play that went outfielder-catcher-infielder since Yomiuri turned one against Chunichi on August 9, 1997 -- center fielder Hideki Matsui to catcher Shinichi Murata to third baseman Pedro Castellano. Source: Sponichi 4/23/2014 ... It was the first time an OF-C-INF triple play was executed in the Pacific League. Source: Sports Hochi 4/23/2014
- Rugby players Takuro Miuchi and Radike Samo are scheduled to participate in the ceremonial first pitch before a game against Rakuten at Kyocera Dome on the 25th. Source: official announcement
- Yuki Nishi is the first pitcher in franchise history to start two seasons with four victories in four games (2011, 2014) since Hisashi Yamada (1976, 1978). Source: Nikkan Sports 4/23/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Hisashi Takeda (influenza) visited Tokyo Dome to provide coaches with an update with his progress. He is scheduled to pitch in a Ni-gun three-game series against Yomiuri at Giants stadium that begins on the 25th. Source: Nikkan Sports 4/23/2014