- Leslie Anderson (right thigh) started taking indoor batting practice at Giants Stadium on Sunday. It was the first time since his injury. He swung at 118 pitches. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/25/2014
- Takashi Toritani recorded his fifth modasho of the year, 103rd of his career, on Saturday. As of Saturday, he needed five hits to reach the 1,500-hit milestone. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/25/2014
- Atsushi Nomi tied a career high by striking out thirteen hitters on Saturday. It was the second time he struck out thirteen in a game (August 9, 2011 and May 24, 2014) and the fifteenth time he struck out ten or more in a game over his career. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/25/2014 ... Nomi struck out ten or more in back-to-back starts for the first time in his career: eleven on May 16 against Yokohama and thirteen on May 24 against Softbank. His win against Softbank gave him one victory against every team in the Pacific League. His victory breakdown: Yomiuri (18), Hiroshima (16), Chunichi (11), Yakult (6), Seibu (3), Lotte (2), Rakuten (1), Orix (1), Nippon Ham (1), Softbank (1). Source: Sponichi 5/25/2014
- Tatsuro Hamada became the first pitcher under twenty in franchise history to win three in a row since Shinichi Kondo in 1987.
- Ryoji Nakata joined the Ichi-gun team for practices on Sunday. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/25/2014
- Rainel Rosario, Brad Eldred, and Kila Ka'aihue were in the starting line-up on Saturday against Orix. It was the first time the Carp ever included three foreign position players in the starting line-up in one game. Source: Sports Hochi 5/25/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- The Bay Stars might be interested in hiring Alex Ramirez as a coach to help Yulieski Gourriel. Ramirez is currently a player/coach with the BC League's Gunma Diamond Pegasus. He told the media during the off-season that he was not yet ready to retire. Source: Tokyo Sports 5/25/2014