- Tadashi Settsu (right shoulder) threw fifty-six pitches in the bullpen on Monday. He is scheduled to start Wednesday's game against the Yomiuri Giants at YafuOku Dome. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
- A batted ball bounced off the outfield wall during Sunday's game against Yakult and struck Akira Nakamura in the face. Nakamura was later diagnosed with a bruise on his right cheek. There were concerns about his vision due to swelling, but he appeared to be okay when he checked in with team trainers for treatment on Monday. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014 ... Nakamura was in the starting line-up on Tuesday.
- Hayato Terahara had surgery on his right knee on May 27. He was discharged from a hospital in Fukuoka on Tuesday. He is scheduled to begin his rehab on Wednesday. Source: Sponichi 6/3/2014, Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
- Yoshio Itoi suffered a cut on his lower lip when a ball he hit bounced and struck him on the month during Sunday's game against Yomiuri. He needed three stitches to close the cut. They will be removed in about a week. He is not expected to miss any playing time. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014 ... Itoi was in the starting line-up on Tuesday.
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Atsunori Inaba (left knee) joined the Ichi-gun team for pre-game practices on Tuesday. "I am at 100 percent in terms of hitting. I still can't run at full speed. I have some pain with my first few steps," Inaba said. He will return to Ni-gun on Saturday and could play in a rehab game some time next week. Source: Sports Hochi 6/3/2014
- Michel Abreu might end up missing the first-half of the season with lower back pain. Abreu is currently getting treatment in the United States. There is still no timetable on when he might be able to resume practices or when he might be able to return to Japan. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/3/2014
Tags: Akira Nakamura, Atsunori Inaba, Hayato Terahara, Michel Abreu, Nippon Ham Fighters, Orix Buffaloes, Softbank Hawks, Tadashi Settsu, Yoshio Itoi