Yulieski Gourriel updates from June 3, 2014 (I will post updates to this page over the course of the day).
- Gourriel made his Ni-gun debut earlier today against the Seibu Lions at Seibu 2 Stadium. He made the starting line-up as a designated hitter and batted third. Yokohama manager Kiyoshi Nakahata was at the game.
- First at bat, 1st inning, no one on, two out, ground out to short on a 1-0 breaking pitch from Seibu's Yuta Nakazaki
- Second at bat, 4th inning, no one on, one out, home run to center on a 3-0 fastball from Nakazaki
- Gourriel is slated to play in another Ni-gun game against Seibu on Wednesday. He could then join Ichi-gun practices on Thursday and make his Ichi-gun debut against Nippon Ham at Yokohama on Friday.
- With the designated hitter rule, Gourriel is expected to get the start at third. Aarom Baldiris will shift to first and Tony Blanco will be the designated hitter.
[UPDATE 6/4 @ 1:50am]
Gourriel was scheduled to get two to three at bats, but ended up playing until the end. He went 1-for-5 with a home run and an RBI. He is scheduled to play in Wednesday's Ni-gun game against Seibu. He will most likely play some third and/or second.