- The Giants set a new franchise record on Wednesday with their sixteenth straight single-digit hit game.
- The Tigers could not protect a three-run lead on Tuesday and lost on a walk-off. It was the first time they lost a game on a walk-off after having a three-run lead in the 9th inning or later since August 11, 2004. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/4/2014
- Mauro Gomez has hit at least one home run off pitchers from nine different teams. He has a chance to make it eleven this season if he hits a home run against Lotte (June 11, 12) and Nippon Ham (June 17, 18). Source: Sponichi 6/4/2014
- The Tigers, Orix Buffaloes, Cerezo Osaka (soccer), and Gamba Osaka (soccer) will be working together to help improve tourism through sports in Osaka. Source: Sponichi 6/4/2014
- Masahiro Yamamoto faced Ikusei players Sang-Hoon Song and Daisuke Hashizume during a batting practice scrimmage on Tuesday. He threw thirty-one pitches and did not allow any could-be hits. He could get a Ni-gun start during a three-game series against Hanshin that begin on the 10th. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/4/2014
- Hector Luna would not mind finishing out his career with the Chunichi Dragons. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/4/2014 ... Luna does not have any plans to return to the United States to play. It seems he is interested in finding out what makes some Japanese players play into their forties. Source: Tokyo Sports 6/4/2014
- The Swallows suffered their first shutout loss of the season in their fifty-fourth game of the year on Tuesday. The last time they went fifty-three or more games was in 2010 when they went eighty-two games without a shutout loss. The last time they did it from the start of the season was in 1978 when they went 129 games without a shutout loss. Source: Sanspo 6/4/2014