- Hirokazu Sawamura (right shoulder) will most likely join the Ichi-gun team after Inter-league play ends. Source: Sponichi 6/17/2014 ... Sawamura started a Ni-gun game against Seibu on Tuesday. He gave up three runs on eight hits over seven innings of work. He threw ninety-one pitches and topped out at 148km/h. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/17/2014
- Itaru Hashimoto (left thigh) might be ready to return to the active roster, but Tatsunori Hara does not want to take any chances and plans to keep him at Ni-gun until he is fully recovered. That could mean a return some time after Inter-league play. Source: Sanspo 6/17/2014
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Rakuten on Tuesday. He was the starting designated hitter and batted lead-off. He recorded a hit from the right side and stole a base. Source: Sports Hochi 6/17/2014 ... Nishioka went 1-for-2 with a walk.
Yokohama Bay Stars
- Takayuki Kajitani was left out of the starting line-up on Tuesday because of pain in the back of his left knee. He suffered the injury during Sunday's game against the Softbank Hawks. Source: Sponichi 6/17/2014 ... Kajitani made it into Tuesday's game as a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the 8th. He hit a double and was replaced by a pinch-runner.
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo's right calf is not 100 percent. Source: Sponichi 6/17/2014 ... Tsutsugo will be taken off the active roster on Wednesday with tightness in the back of his right thigh. Source: Sports Hochi 6/17/2014 ... This after Kiyoshi Nakahata told reporters he was thinking about giving Tsutsugo a look as a clean-up hitter. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/17/2014
- Yasuhiro Ogawa (right hand) threw about 100 pitches in the bullpen on Tuesday. He is currently throwing at seventy to eighty percent. He could toss batting practice on the 20th. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/17/2014
- Junji Ogawa is hoping Wladimir Balentien (left Achilles tendon) will be good enough to return to the active roster some time when the regular season resumes on the 28th. Source: Sponichi 6/17/2014
Nippon Ham Fighters
- Michel Abreu (back) could return to Japan some time during the All-Star break. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/17/2014
- Kensuke Kondo felt discomfort in the back of his left thigh while running the bases during a game against Yakult on the 15th. He was taken off the active roster on Tuesday with a strain in the back of his left thigh. Source: Sports Hochi 6/17/2014
- Eiichi Koyano (right knee) played in a Ni-gun rehab game against Lotte on Tuesday. He was the starting designated hitter and batted third. He went 1-for-2: ground out to second, three-run home run to right-center. This was his first game since May 1. Source: Nikkan Sports 6/17/2014
Tags: Eiichi Koyano, Hanshin Tigers, Hirokazu Sawamura, Itaru Hashimoto, Kensuke Kondo, Michel Abreu, Nippon Ham Fighters, Takayuki Kajitani, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wladimir Balentien, Yakult Swallows, Yasuhiro Ogawa, Yokohama Bay Stars, Yomiuri Giants, Yoshitomo Tsutsugo