- The 2014 Asia Series will be recognized as an official international tournament by the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The hope is to use the tournament to help promote baseball and softball for the 2020 Olympics. Source: Sponichi 6/18/2014, Daily Sports 6/19/2014
- NPB Commissioner Katsuhiko Kumazaki would like to create a Baseball Promotion Division within the NPB to help promote the sport. Source: Sanspo 6/19/2014
- The NPB is not planning to discuss expansion possibilities (as suggested by the government) during their next owners meeting in early July. The NPB sees no point in beginning discussions when specifics have not been mentioned and owners are unlikely to approve. Source: Sponichi 6/19/2014
Japan Baseball Promotion Association
- The Japan Baseball Promotion Association's (JBPA) 20th Anniversary Official Card Set, Series 1, will be released on July 26. Source: official announcement
- The JBPA will be holding a summer camp for elementary school kids in Ashibetsu, Hokkaido between August 5 and 7. Source: official announcement
Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Tokyo
- The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Tokyo will be running an exhibit on the Inter-city Baseball Tournament between July 1 and July 29. Source: official announcement
- The City of Chiayi in Taiwan donated a bronze statue of Ming-Chieh Wu (aka, Akira Go, Mei-Sho Go, 呉 明捷) to the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. Wu was a pitcher for Kagi Norin during the Imperial Japanese period. They qualified for the 1931 Koshien tournament and made it to the finals. Wu also went on to pitch for Waseda University. The statue will be on display in the high school baseball exhibit area. Source: official announcement ... FYI: The film Kano, released earlier this year, recounts the story of the Kagi Norin team in 1931.
High School Baseball
- The 59th National High School Rubber Baseball Tournament will take place over a five-day period beginning on August 25 at Takasago Baseball Stadium and Akashi Tocalo Stadium.