Voting for Home Run Derby participants begins now and ends July 9 at 23:59. Final totals will be announced on July 11.
There will be two Home Run Derby tournaments, one before each of the two All-Star Games. Two players from each league will participate in the derby.
- Match 1: Player A vs Player B
- Match 2: Player C vs Player D
- Finals: Winner of 1 faces off against Winner of 2
- Each player gets seven outs
- Looking strikes will not count toward the out
- Swinging strikes and fouls, any contact other than a home run will be an out
- In the even of a tie, whichever player has more of the following wins/advances:
- fan votes, or
- home runs this season, or
- home runs last season
- If both players hit zero home runs during the Finals, then the tournament will end in a tie