The NPB and the JPBPA held a meeting on Friday that lasted about three hours. Among issues discussed:
- rules, requirements when players are given large salary cuts
- rental players (loan deals)
- implementation of a rule five draft
- Samurai Japan revenue sharing
- getting rid of the co-efficient of restitution upper and lower limits and replacing it with one target figure
The players will be holding a meeting in Tachikawa, Tokyo on the 18th.
The Central League and Pacific League also held a meeting on Friday. They continued discussions on Inter-league play schedules but again failed to reach a consensus.
Source: Daily Sports 7/5/2014