- Ryosuke Miyaguni and Kentaro Nishimura were taken off the active roster on Friday due to performance issues. Source: Sponichi 8/8/2014, Daily Sports 8/8/2014
- Hector Mendoza joined general workouts at Giants Stadium on Friday for the first time since his arrival in Japan. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/8/2014
- The Tigers gave up thirty-one runs during their three-game series against the Yakult Swallows. It was the first time they gave up thirty or more runs in three seconsecutive games since 2007 (seven runs vs Orix on May 26, twenty-four runs vs Lotte on May 27 and 28); and the first time they gave up thirty or more runs in one three-game series since 1999 (thirty-three runs vs Yokohama between May 7 and 9). Source: Sponichi 8/8/2014
- Brad Eldred set a new franchise record by striking out in his twenty-fourth consecutive game (to clarify, at least one strikeout in twenty-four consecutive games). Source: Nikkan Sports 8/8/2014
Yokohama Bay Stars
- The Bay Stars are 7-6 against the Yomiuri Giants so far this year. The last time they had a winning record against the Giants during the second-half was when they were 4-3 on July 26, 2011. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/8/2014
- Daisuke Miura joined Tadashi Wakabayashi and Masahiro Yamamoto as the only pitchers over forty to record complete game victories against the Yomiuri Giants. Source: Sanspo 8/8/2014
- On Thursday, Shingo Kawabata became the fourteenth player in franchise history to record modashos in three consecutive games, first since Kazuki Fukuchi in 2009. Three consecutive games is the franchise high. Source: Sponichi 8/8/2014 ... Kawabata recorded another modasho on Friday and set a new franchise record.