|Ichiro Suzuki||NYY||8/17||NYY 4
|Entered the game as a defensive replacement in right in the bottom of the 8th. Made a nice running catch in the bottom of the 9th. Nikkan Sports 8/18/2014|
|Norichika Aoki||KCR||8/17||KCR 12
|Batted lead-off. G1, 1B8 two RBI[29,30]-SB (second base)-R, Fo2, F6, L8. Nikkan Sports 8/18/2014, Sponichi 8/18/2014, Sponichi 8/18/2014|
|Munenori Kawasaki||TOR||8/17||TOR 5
|Batted seventh. G4f, Kl, G6(DP). Replaced by a pinch-hitter in the top of the 8th. Nikkan Sports 8/18/2014, Sponichi 8/18/2014, Sponichi 8/18/2014|
|Hiroyuki Nakajima||OAK||8/17||MRO 1
|Batted eighth. G5, F9, Ks.|
|Gosuke Katoh||NYY||8/17||ROM 4
|Batted eighth. Kl, BB, Ks, F6.|
|Hiroki Kuroda||NYY||8/17||NYY 4
|Started the game. Left in the 7th with runners on first and third, two out, and New York up 3-2. Got the win. (W, 8-8). (WP 1). Nikkan Sports 8/18/2014, Sponichi 8/18/2014, MLB.com Highlights|
|Toru Murata||CHC||8/17||COL 2
|Started the game. Left in the bottom of the 5th with a runner on first, two out, and Columbus down 8-2. Took the loss. (L, 2-3). (HBP 2). Sponichi 8/18/2014|
New York Mets
- Daisuke Matsuzaka is scheduled to make his next rehab appearance on the 21st against single-A Brooklyn. Source: Nikkan Sports 8/18/2014
New York Yankees
The latest on Masahiro Tanaka, from the Star-Ledger's Michael Fensom:
Even before Sunday's series finale against the Tampa Bay Rays began, the Yankees received a possible boost to their postseason chances. Masahiro Tanaka arrived at Tropicana Field without pain or soreness in his right elbow.
... The throwing regimen for Tanaka -- 25 straight fastballs on Saturday -- will now progress. This week, Tanaka will test his elbow by hurling a mix of curveballs and fastballs -- first off flat ground, then off of the mound in the bullpen.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said he isn't sure if Tanaka will throw a slider and split-finger fastball in his next bullpen session. Tanaka said this weekend that he experienced arm pain throwing both fastballs and breaking pitches.
For now, the tenderness in Tanaka's elbow has subsided. He played catch Sunday morning here and Girardi said he is "real encouraged."
Source: Star-Ledger 8/17/2014
- Tsuyoshi Wada - August 19 against the Giants at Wrigley Field. MLB.com Preview
- Hisashi Iwakuma - August 19 against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. MLB.com Preview
- Hiroki Kuroda
- Yu Darvish - 15-day disabled list on August 13, retroactive to August 10, right elbow inflammation; due back on August 25
- Daisuke Matsuzaka - 15-day disabled list on July 26, retroactive to July 25, sore right elbow; rehab assignment to St. Lucie Mets on August 11; rehab assignment to Binghamton Mets on August 16
- Masahiro Tanaka - 15-day disabled list on July 9, partial tear of UCL in right elbow