The following are the rules that will be followed during the tournament:
- The designated hitter will be used.
- Twenty-eight players will be allowed in the dugout.
- Umpires: two MLB umpires and two NPB umpires.
- Pitch Limits: no pitcher will be allowed to throw more than eighty pitches, unless they hit the limit while facing a hitter. Pitchers that throw fifty or more pitches in a game will require four days of rest; thirty or more pitches, or appearances on consecutive days, will require one day of rest. There will be no limits during the Commemorative Game (11/11) or the Friendly Game (11/20).
- Extra innings: If a game goes into extra innings, tie-break rules will apply. Beginning in the 10th, innings will begin with runners on first and second and no out. The runners will be the two hitters that batted before the hitter leading off the inning. If the game is still tied after 12 innings, it will end in a tie. There will be no extra innings for the Commemorative Game and Friendly Game.
- Baseball: Rawlings WBC baseball. NPB Standard Baseball will be used during the Commemorative Game when Hanshin/Yomiuri is on defense.
- Prize Money: 100 million yen total. 50 million to the championship team, 10 million to the winner of each of the five series games (11/12-11/18).
Source: official announcement