Notes from practice game against Kansai University on August 29:
- The game took place at the Hagitani Athletic Park Baseball Stadium in Osaka.
- The university team was primarily made up of first- and second-year students.
- Kona Takahashi started the game and tossed three perfect innings. He threw twenty-nine pitches, topped out at 146km/h, struck out one, induced five ground ball outs, and recorded three fly ball outs.
- Relievers: Daichi Yamashiro gave up a run over three innings; Junichiro Kishi a run over two innings; and Satoshi Iizuka one shutout inning.
- Kazuma Oakamoto was the starting designated hitter and batted clean-up. He went 3-for-4 with two RBI, including a double and triple.
- Eighteen scouts from nine teams, including Yomiuri and Hanshin, were at the game.
Samurai Japan held workouts at the Kinki University field in Ikoma, Nara for about three hours on Saturday morning. They left for Bangkok Thailand later in the day out of Kansai Kokusai Airport. Kona Takahashi will most likely start the first game of the tournament on September 1.