[11/16/2014] Free Agents: Chihiro Kaneko, Takashi Toritani, Eiichi Koyano, Keiji Obiki, Ryoji Aikawa, Tatsuhiko Kinjo
- Orix Buffaloes president Hiroaki Nishina is prepared to get involved in negotiations if the front offices feels his presence will help.
Source: Sports Hochi 11/16/2014
- The Hanshin Tigers could resume talks with Toritani on Monday. They will most likely meet over a meal.
- Negotiations with domestic teams will most likely not involve Scott Boras.
- Koyano is planning to meet multiple teams.
- Seibu and Orix are said to be interested.
- The Lions could be willing to give Koyano the everyday job at third.
- Orix could offer Koyano a two-year deal worth 200 million yen.
- The Rakuten Eagles met Obiki on Sunday at a hotel in Tokyo.
- The meeting took place over dinner. It started around 6:00pm and ended over two hours later.
- Rakuten may have offered Obiki a four-year deal worth 400 million yen.
- Obiki met the Orix Buffaloes in Tokyo on Saturday.
- Orix may have offered Obiki a three-year deal worth 300 million yen (same as the Yakult Swallows). They could have also offered a three-year deal at 400 million yen.
- "I appreciate all the offers and wish I had three bodies so I could agree to each. I need a little more time to think and will try to reach a decision in two to three days," said Obiki.
- The Swallows are not expected to make a follow-up offer.
Source: Nikkan Sports 11/16/2014, Nikkan Sports 11/16/2014, Nikkan Sports 11/17/2014, Sports Hochi 11/16/2014, Sports Hochi 11/16/2014, Sports Hochi 11/16/2014, Sponichi 11/16/2014, Sponichi 11/17/2014, Sponichi 11/17/2014, Daily Sports 11/17/2014, Daily Sports 11/17/2014
- Aikawa could finalize his decision after his next meeting with the Giants.
Source: Sponichi 11/17/2014
- Kinjo's meeting with the Yomiuri Giants on Saturday lasted about forty-five minutes.
- Kinjo agreed in principal to a one-year deal with the Giants. Details will be worked out during their next meeting.
- The Giants could give Kinjo the number thirty-three.